Friday, June 13, 2008

Exclusive WBM Report: Kobe & Phil BFFs


Dear Phil,

Thank you for all of your help. You’ve provided me with so much knowledge, wisdom, and perspective. You’ve allowed me to unlock so many of my talents, and you’ve helped me cultivate them into brilliance. Lord only knows where I’d be without you.

You have touched my life in such way that cannot be communicated; only experienced. When I have a son, I’ll name him after you. Phil Megazord Genghis Bryant.



Dear Kobe,

You are my Sistine Chapel. You have returned the favor by being the most extensive project a coach has ever undertaken. You’re like a son, a pet stallion, a tornado, a lawsuit, waterfall, a dissertation, a new pair of socks, the Himalayas, a mother-in-law, and acid reflux. You are so many things to me, but most importantly, you’re my best friend.

Without you, I’d be just another successful coach. Someone like Greg Popovic, Pat Riley, or Rudy Tomjanovich. They’re great guys and they’ve won some titles, but you, my Kobe bear, allow me to transcend the coaching bridge into a zone known by only a few: Shakespeare’s English teacher, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Basil Hallward, etc.

Kobe, in addition to meditation, yoga, and Mario Kart Wii, you complete me.



No comments: